Northern line to Oval
The church is 5 minutes from Oval tube station.
- Come out of the tube, cross the road at the traffic lights towards St Mark's Church.
- Continue straight down Camberwell New Road, accross the junction with Brixton Road.
- When you see the Kennington Pub turn right into Foxley Road and walk down this road.
- The high spire of St John the Divine will be right in front of you.
A23 A202 SatNav: SW9 6JA
We have a small car park next to the church community centre, but if this is full there is on-street parking on Foxley Road and Vassal Road.
From Central London:
- from Victoria, follow signs for Ring Road South A2 (A202)
- go straight ahead and cross the Thames at Vauxhall Bridge
- at Vauxhall continue straight ahead and follow signs to Kennington Oval
- after the Oval cricket ground & tube station carry straight on over the large junction
- at the lights, turn right onto Foxley Road. You will see the spire of St John's directly ahead of you.
- take the A23 Brixton Road towards central London ;
- about 1 mile north of Brixton turn right onto Cranmer Road at the traffic lights
- at the end of the road turn right onto Foxley Road. You will see the spire of St John's directly ahead of you.
From Elephant & Castle:
- on the gyratory, follow signs for Vauxhall/Clapham Junction A3
- drive past the shopping centre entrance (the big pink elephant is on your left!)
- carry strAight on and follow signs for Clapham Junction A3
- stay on the A3 past Kennington Tube Station
- after Kennington Park follow signs left to Brixton A23
- continue over onto the Brixton Road for about half a mile; turn left into Vassal Road
St John the Divine is off Cycle Superhighway CS7. Take the Caldwell Road turnoff in Stockwell and continue straight ahead.
Route CS7 Map
There are two TfL cycle hire stations near the church:
- On Caldwell Street/Clapham Road
- Outside the Oval Cricket Ground
Cycle Hire map